Friday, June 24, 2011

Welcome Guests

Finally.  Done.  Seems that there was always something that claimed priority over this project, but finally it is complete.  We made the headboard using scrap lumber, batting and foam from Johnson's Fabrics in Bartlett, and this lovely fabric from Premier Fabrics in Germantown, TN.

The picture over the bed was the "inspiration piece" for this room.  The colors are perfect and the price even was scavenged from a pile of trash.  Yes. Seriously. From a pile of trash.  
Now that this room is complete, I can focus more attention on an ongoing project of decorating another bedroom in the retro style of Dick and Jane.  {makes me giggle to even think about this}

And yesterday, I added a project I hope to have completed this weekend.....converting an apparent piece of junk I snagged at a local thrift store into a stand for my new PC and a sneaky place to hide cables.

Pillowcases embroidered by my husband's great-grandmother.  They are absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.